Sunday, February 28, 2010

Moxie Fab World-Fun with Floss & EBTKS Challenge #10 Fabric


Okay, sometimes it just pays to be a "last minute" challenge addict :-P

I have been messing around with this card for waaaay too many days cause it involved using embroidery floss which I don't have~yeah, I know, how could I not have that!? Had to go to the Fabric store and buy some. No clue what the heck I was going to do with it on a card, I ended up buying eight different colors of those little (what, scanes?). Now I'm all set to create many many more cards with floss! After playing around and wasting a few yards of this stuff, finally thought I should be embroidering on fabric so, I stamped a piece of scrap with that cute little blue bird stamp (which was the cute yellow chick stamp for last week's Tuesday Trigger card :o) I used the purple floss to outline the bird and yellow floss for his feet and beak~but the beak had two parts and I had just about been over this project ... so I pulled the last piece of floss through the front and colored it orange to make it look like the bird was bringing a worm to the party :^)

Before I posted this, I remembered Everything But The Kitchen Sink's Challenge was to incorporate "something around the house" this week~~what are the odds, the "something" would be fabric, huh? Well, it is (whoot whoot!) and here's my entry for that challenge too.

My Card ~
Card stock: White base and panel from Georgia Pacific; striped and blue from Basic Grey
Stamps: "Party" from See D's "Card Wishes"; Bird is from Michael's $1 bin
Tools: "Happy Birthday" embossing folder from Cuttlebug; "Thredding Water" border punch from Fiscar's, Party Hat from McGill punch
Embellishments: Floss from Hancock Fabrics; Glitter Brad and tag from Target; Yellow satin ribbon from Michael's

8 comments:

  1. thanks for your very sweet comments, helen! oh, on my stitched card--i did hand stitch my flower.

    i love that you stamped your design! i used a plastic flower stitching template from bazzill.

    have a great week, helen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Helen! I don't use embroidery floss on my cards either, but I really need too, it looks so fun! Thanks so much for playing with us in the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your creativity and I love this sweet little card! OMGosh how adorable adding the worm! Made me laugh right out loud it was so cute! Great card. I hope your husband is doing better! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Helen! Thanks for entering the Fun with Floss Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen - thx for visiting my blog and your kind comments! Aren't crafters the best people?!

    I love your card - that little bird is so cute! I love your tag too - gives it a real trendy feel!

    I love your profile photo too - it made me very jealous seeing you in the sun while it's grey and wet here in England!

    Off to browse some of your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little fabric bird. I love using embroidery floss on my projects. It adds a small but elegant detail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you incorporated the fabric into your card! I've only done that once with nice outcome. You've inspired me to do it again! Cute card, nice elements! Keep em' comin' Helen!
    http://www.pawwpadd-caseyspitterpatterchatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete