Sunday, November 13, 2011

Make It Monday #40-Reverse Applique


This is really the first card I made for MIM #40, but had to get it mailed. I took the photo to post before running out to mail it.

If you have never tried this fun technique, here is the PTI video by Heather Nichols:
http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2011/11/make-it-monday-40-reverse-applique.html



My Card~ Click on the photo for more details. There are two butterflies on the card that I used reversed applique, one on top and another at the bottom (which is hidden by the bow, I just noticed :() the center butterfly is another PTI technique from
MIM #34 - Make Your Own Chipboard Accents.

Cardstock: Base card is Stamper's Select White and prints on the butterflies are pieces of Guide Lines Paper Collection from PTI; Aqua blue is from Recollections and the Lace mat is from The Clever Factory
Stamps: Fancy Flourishes from PTI
Ink: Purple from Tsukineko which i embossed with Clear embossing powder
Tools: Classic Butterfly punch is Martha Stewart; Corner Rounder is EKSuccess; heat gun if from Marvy: Ribbon is from Nicole

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a good night :o)

7 comments:

  1. very pretty, helen! love your bow,too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Helen, it is very pretty indeed. I just love butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet technique and love those flutter-bys! Cute card and lovely bow, Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Helen!

    Thanks for visiting my blog ... and thanks for the very kind words, too!

    Sending hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What rich looking colors, Helen, and I love all the pretty details, especially the butterflies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card, Helen! Thanks for the link on the technique; I will check it out in a minute. I really appreciate your sweet comment on my For the Record bird card :)

    ReplyDelete