Sunday, March 10, 2013

MIM #106-Two Toned Stamping

Wasn't really happy with this one, but I decided to post it to the Make It Monday Challenge tonight anyway. Of course it's also dark outside, so this inside photo makes matters a little worse :(
I needed a quick one layer card to get into the mail today and tried the two tone stamping technique on PTI's Beautiful Butterflies. The background is kinda "ombre" using three shades of blue chalk
The Butterflies are stamped in Yellow and Poppy Orange ink on PTI's Stamper's Select White cardstock.
I definitely like this stamping effect on flowers better.


4 comments:

  1. dont be upset! You're lucky to have all those materials...inks and stamps! be cheerful, keep posting-hugs
    http://singwithmezyra.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo is a little dark, true, but I like the butterflies done with this technique. You're braver than I! I didn't even feel like trying this one. So good job! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is absolutely beautiful, Helen! The sentiment suits the butterflies perfectly! I too, am waiting for the sun...it's frustrating when you have a card to share and the light is gone, isn't it?

    Thank you for ALL your kind comments and visits yesterday...you are a trooper to go through my recent flurry of activity, LOL. Have a blessed day, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is super-sweet, Helen! I do have a soft spot for butterflies. I love how you tackle these challenges......what a way to stretch your comfort zone, eh? This is fluttery-soft and dear.

    ReplyDelete