Sunday, September 29, 2013

MIM - Create a Flocked Look

Make It Monday #133 ~ 
Create a Flocked Look with Dimension Paste

I made another card for MIM following the instructions from Danielle on this VIDEO,  using the make-your-own paste from Cornelia's recipe HERE.  

For my stencil on this card,  I used the negative die cut from my Beautiful Butterfly set. I left the paste white, but think you could color it too and it would still show up pretty well.  I  didn't smooth it out with a credit card like Danielle suggested because I liked the rough/clumpy look better. Thought I would try the "chaulk board" technique with this one.


Click on photo for more details

PTI products used ~
Stamps:  Beautiful Butterflies; Fancy Flourishes
Die: Beautiful Butterfly

The newsprint is actually from a Weekly Newsletter published in the Village of the next town to me.  I always grab one, thinking it would make a great background for my cards.  It's a craft color with black print :)




2 comments:

  1. Great technique! This is such fun, Helen.Thanks for the link to the recipe! I used this stuff years ago - never thought it would come back in style.

    ReplyDelete