Sunday, April 10, 2016

Happy Birthday!





I am entering the April Challenge at Happy Little Stampers

   CASE the Designer - Joyce Mehrberg 
This is Joyce's beautiful card

I stamped a very old wood block Hydrangea stamp and PTI's Birthday sentiment with Memento Black ink on white watercolor cardstock.  Using Spellbinder's Labels Eight die, I cut a section from the center of the stamped area and colored this area with Spectrum Noir markers.  I attached the center to foam and attached both stamped sections to the Aqua card base.  It's been quite a while since I tried this technique, but really like how this card turned out.  Thank you, Joyce for your wonderful inspiration!

Click on photo for more details

I am also entering this card in 

Seize the Birthday Challenge - Toppings.

Go HERE to check out all of the fabulous entries and read about their Surprise Party guest for April and May.  It is a dear Bloggy friend, the very sweet and very talented Patti from
Stationery Styles




14 comments:

  1. Oh Helen! you ol doll you!! thank you for the sweet shout out!! you have seriously made my day!!

    I'm so excited that you joined the challenge at STB! your card is nothing less than amazing!

    I LOVE what you did with your Hydrangeas! This is one of THE prettiest cards inspired by Joyce I have seen!!

    I hope you will continue to enter your fantabulous cards in STB! you are an awesome addition to EVERY gallery!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on this. Stunning. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great choice of flower for your panel Helen, and of course my favourite papercrafty colours too, LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards - I love both of them :)
    Hugs, Eunice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, this is amazing. I love this big hydrangea...seems like I have an old wooden hydrangea stamp in my stash, you have inspired me to dig it out and give it a try!! I love the shape you used to die cut your colored piece!! Thank you for sharing this at STB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen this is gorgeous! I love the stamp you chose to use to CASE Joyce! I have a hydrangea from Serendipity Stamps ,that I should try this on. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely hydrangeas, Helen. Beautiful CASE of Joyce's card. Thanks for playing along at HLS CASE the Designer. I hope to see you play along next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW...this is just lovely Helen! I think I have a large Hydrangea stamp somewhere too that I would love to try this technique out on! Your coloring is SOOOO pretty and soft...love everything about this beautiful card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my I have this stamp and wish I would of thought to do the partial coloring which is STUNNING.. vs. coloring the whole thing. I love this idea. Thanks for posting it and cant wait to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, I love how you have done this partial colouring. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing. I just love it. I have that hydrangea stamp, and have completely forgotten about it. Love how you stamped it twice, and the colored area looks like it is magnified--the color adds so much life. Thanks so much for CASEing my card and playing along at HLS Case the designer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. I love hydrangeas and you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really pretty! What a fabulous design - great colours. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great choice of image to use--gorgeous card, Helen!

    ReplyDelete