Monday, March 16, 2009

Rendezvous Monday at Cuttlebug Challenge

This challenge is "just in time". I was in the process of cleaning off my desk and sorting, filing, packing and tossing (only the small unusables) everything so I could work on the space which was totally covered with creativity :o)

I needed to make a thank you card for friends of ours who came for a visit and brought a gift from the Harbor town in MA where they live and we visited last summer ~ The rubber stamp (Inkadinkado) was recently purchased in a Yard Sale and I had several "samples" stamped with different colored ink on scrap card stock to see what it looked like.This particular one is stamped with Stampabilities "Chocolate Brown" ink. The gift came wrapped in brown paper with aqua star fish on it which I tore off a piece and used as a 'mat' behind another aqua cardstock scrap. The sheer ribbon tied in a bow was wrapped around the gift box (I only used half on the card so I still have a little more...so pretty ;) .

The Cuttlebug "Scrip" is from my stash which includes lots of pieces from a "Cuttlebug Party" a couple of friends had last year to swap and use each others folders instead of purchasing every single one ourselves. Ya think this qualifies for today's Challenge?

3 comments:

  1. Helen I love your card, it is soooo elegant!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool card using your recycled stash..the tearing of the mat paper and using the ribbon was perfect!..I'm sure your friends will love this card!!Thank you for taking the challenge at www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I DO think this qualifies for today's challenge! You did a beautiful job! This card is beautiful. I love the chocolate and aqua colors...you definitely made a "cash worthy" creation from your stash!! Thanks for being a part of the Cuttlebug Challenge!
    BettyBee

    ReplyDelete