Sunday, September 12, 2010

Moxie Fab -Offset Scallop Gallop Challenge


Wow, it seems like another "forever" since I last posted anything here, BUT, I have been a busy crafter and will share some of my cards in a bit. For today's post I wanted to enter Moxie Fab World's Offset Scallop Gallop challenge~ You have until October 4th to upload your entry and join in the fun here: http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2010/09/moxie-fab-world-challenge-offset.html

The card for this challenge started out in a totally different direction, but ended up like this!
I have a Studio G stamp from Michael's $1 bin which has been added to my "collection of owl stamps" (don't ask!). His belly has offset scallops, but the stamp is so small, I needed to enlarge him a tad...put him on my scanner. kicked it up a notch or two and
wha-lah, printed out a BIG owl. Must be low on the colored inks that make brown, so he came out on the greenish side :) I thought I would cut him out and pop him onto the printed card stock, so I was really sloppy with the sponging of brown ink~~then decided I liked his coloring that way and left it on the white cardstock. Added the offset scallops (punched on yellow and melon papers) on each side, sticking out a bit from the edge of the card. I feel this needs 'something else' and have been playing with THAT ~ but then again, less is more on some cards, huh?
Well,
anywhoo, if you are still here~~THANKS for dropping by friends, I just love reading your supportive comments!

My Card:
Cardstock: Base White is Georgia Pacific: Yellow, Melon are DCWV; Dk Brown tree PP is American Crafts
Stamp: Owl from StudioG at Michael's, Sentiment from "Party Cupcakes" by Inque
Ink: Outlined owl in brown Crayola pencil; inked the image in Chocolate Brown by Stampabilities; outlined the belly with an orange glitter gel pen
Tools: Corner rounder by EKSuccess; "Cornice" edge punch from Martha Stewart
Embellishments: Those fabulous owl eyes are Bazzill Buttons which were included in afabulous prize package I won by entering a contest at Paper Crafts Connection's July/August I-Spy post.
Thank YOU, Susan!

8 comments:

  1. Your card is sooo cute...what a great way to use the offset scallops and how clever to use the buttons for eyes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot woot!! I love it...love owlies:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wohooo, it's gorgeous, the owlie is soooooo CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, indeed, Helen! Love your owlie. His eyes are delightful and mesmerizing!
    As far as posting cards, you have me beat. If only "wanting to do" were the same as actually "doing". lol The designs are in my head but they have yet to translate to paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh I love this owl..so delightful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a CUTE owl, helen! love the button eyes and that you digitally altered his size-great idea! i never think to do that with my stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Helen! Thanks for entering the Offset Scallop Gallop Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete