Saturday, September 4, 2010

Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger-Light & Bright



Weeeelll, I've been MIA for such a long time! Missed so many fun challenges and all the posts of my "Blogger Friends" WoWza! You all have been soooo busy, I am not even close to catching up with all of your wonderful posts yet!

We were away for 16 days and it seems more like a month. Went to the North East to visit family and friends in PA, NJ, CT, MA, NH and ME. Had a really great time, beautiful weather and ate lots of wonderful seafood at our most favorite restaurants...also found a few more to add to our ever-growing list. Been thinking of starting another Blog for our Travel Adventures, posting photos along the way...will let ya know about that project latahhh (oh yeah, I got my Boston accent back ;O)

Meanwhile, back at the Card Blog, I had the chance to make a card using the fab colors in this MFW Tuesday Trigger.
I stamped the 'Row of Houses' in brown ink on yellow and raspberry cardstock, also in Sky Blue on white cardstock. I cut out two of the yellow houses and one raspberry house and used pop dots to adhere to the the same house inked underneath in blue.

My Card~
Cardstock: Yellow base card, dark blue & raspberry are from DCWV; the White is Georgia Pacific
Stamp: Row of Houses from Hero Arts; sentiment computer generated in royal blue ink
Ink: SkyBlue from Archival; Chocolate Brown from Stampabilities
Embellishments: Yellow polkado ribbon from BasicBasic bought at Michaels
Tools: Corner Rounder punches (small & large) from EK Success; Lace Border is Martha Stewart

12 comments:

  1. Excellent card!! Love the crispness & colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen!
    I had to come over here and give you a big hug for stopping by my blog and leaving so many wonderful comments! Wow I never had so many at one time that was so much fun! I live in Florida too...OTown...Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by...I LOVE your Moxie Fab Challenge card! Those houses are so cute! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fun, great job with the houses, love the polka dot ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen, Thank you for the wonderful "treat" of so many blog comments while "catching up" on my posts. I was grinning from ear to ear. I am so blessed to have faithful blog friends! It was just the motivation I needed to get me started back on my cardmaking journey. You were really close to me when you visited Willow Grove, PA. And if your husband loves battlegrounds I'd be surprised if you haven't already visited Williamsburg, Va. You were so close in Richmond. FYI for the future: Valley Forge Convention is the same time EVERY YEAR! So plan your next visit to Valley Forge for the very last weekend of July and then you and your DH can both be happy! (Check the Creating Keepsakes website for exact posted dates). We look forward to it every year, and always take lots of classes!
    The card you posted today is so pretty. I love everything about it. I love your take on the inspiration photo, the way you used the colors, the yellow dotted ribbon, just the whole layout. Your cards just keep getting better and better.
    See you soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Helen! What a lovely approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Helen,
    Glad you're back in business! I've missed seeing new posts from you...and from myself LOL! This card is soooo cute! I love the colors and the lacey backdrop is almost reminiscent of a little girls crisp, white cotton slip under the scallop of her dress (smile). Brings back Easter Sunday dress-up for me :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad to have you back, helen:) sounds like you totally enjoyed your time away-wonderful!!

    and this is one sweet card--love your little houses, colors, scallops and the cute ribbon-its perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really a fabulous card! I am so loving the way you brought in the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, I love this, Helen....the little houses are sooo cute and I love how you popped some of them up!!! The ribbon and scalloped edge look awesome, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome Helen. Another card that I think ought to be gracing the pages of a magazine. Perfectly fun colors

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute card! I like the colours and the scallop punched edges looks great.
    As for the travel blog, that's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable, Helen! Clearly being away from blogland for a wee bit has not hindered your mojo :)

    ReplyDelete