Monday, August 28, 2017

Stamp-A-Faire 2017 - 5th Anniversary - Wood

SAF 2017: 5th Anniversary Tradition
Wood by Lizzie Jones


Create a project featuring some kind of woodgrain inlay technique.  You can choose to re-create the exact project from Lizzie 's video HERE,  or design your own using the same concepts.

Click on photo for more details
I'm not sure my 'wood' really looks like wood the grainy texture I was going for but, this splotchy effect kinda works, no?
Funny story about the inlaid pieces happy and birthday ~
I die cut both out of the wood look cardstock and the peach card.  I then proceded to add the tiny bits of the peach colored word back onto the sticky sheet behind the wood panel.   Got all the way through before I realized what the heck I did wrong 😏  
I quess that's the reason I don't do many puzzles these days! 

The flowers/leaves are from Peonies on Parade ~ I sparkled 'em up a bit with Wink of Stella

2 comments:

  1. Your card turned out beautiful, Helen! The addition of the flowers is a nice touch. Thank you so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card. Yep, I've done that too with the inlaid pieces before now!

    ReplyDelete