Wednesday, March 12, 2014

MIM #155

Make It Monday ~ Challenge
Create your own confetti with PTI dies

Danielle is demonstrating how to create confetti on cards/projects with die cuts.  It's really fun if you have a cover plate for this technique ~ sadly there are a couple on my 'wish list' but not yet in my supplies :-( 

I made this card last week for my friend's 50th Birthday and it just so happened to be perfect for the MIM challenge.  Her husband is really teasing her about turning the BIG 5-0h, so I had the idea of picking an alternative number for her card   ;-)

The PTI "By the Numbers were cut out onto five different colors/patterns of cardstock. They are stuck on the base card with double sided clear tape then I put another piece of scotch tape over that to cover the sticky parts and then popped a couple more number onto that.  There is a strip of glitter tape on the inside flap which peeks through when the card is closed.

Click on the photo to see more details
I got theses dies in my last order and just love them for Birthdays, Anniversarys and 'Special Date' cards, so expect to see them a lot here on my ol' Blog   ;-)

11 comments:

  1. Fun number confetti- I love it! (I love the colors, too)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a brilliant idea! Love your card and the idea to pick your age yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea with the free choice of the age :-) and great huge numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, brilliant use of the numbers here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those tumbled numbers! Your friend will too. Especially loving the sentiment to 'pick another number.' If only!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to pick what age we WANT to be :-)

      Delete
  6. This is such a fabulous card. I love all those tumbling numbers, and especially your sentiment. How nice that would be to pick our age each year. My sister's 50th is coming up, and I need to do something clever like this. Where did you find that sentiment?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cute and really creative too. I love how bright and fun it is. I just became your newest blog follower, and I would LOVE to have you follow me if you would be so kind. I'd love to have you stop by.
    Sierra
    www.sierrasgift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card!! I would pick another for sure!! Love how you used the numbers and the colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bwahahaha! This is a fantastic interactive birthday card, Helen!! Love it! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete