Sunday, February 4, 2018

MIM #311

MAKE IT MONDAY
Using Different Types of Papers

Stephanie is sharing ways to incorporate different types of papers in card-making for Make it Monday this week.  I am not sure we ever had this technique on MIM before, but I am wanting to use some of the *gigantic-pile-of-papers in my craft room so, count me in! 😁  
You can see Stephanie's beautiful card and video HERE 

* If you have been around my Blog for a while, you may have read that I save EVERYTHING, even some pieces of junk mail ~ which I feel compelled to open up, just in case there is a little sumpthin'
I can use on a card one day!😉

My Card ~
Except for the Song Bird and Leaves dies, most of the bits and pieces for this card were on my desk top in a tray that I toss stuff into. That small leftover panel of cream c/s is embossed with Hearts from a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The 3 feathers were floating around (literally) from the last time I opened the plastic bag of 'em and they never made it back in. The polka dot brad was put away, but I found it while looking for something else, so it was added to the kraft script-embossed tag.  That calendar page is from a 2014 calendar from a local realtor came in the mail.  Yup, I saved it ~ actually used a couple of the months from it for different birthday cards through the years and this card is for a friend whose B-Day is this month.


Click on photo for more details

13 comments:

  1. This is simply gorgeous, Helen! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and girly with the pink feathers. Love your use of the calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, this is fantastic and lovely! I just loved reading your story about opening junk mail....just in case! Great card and terrific elements! They all just work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great use of the calendar. Very cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and those Songbirds are magical, Helen! What a lovely birthday card your friend shall cherish. Never thought to keep those small calendar pages. PTI has us brainwashed in more ways than one...including paying closer attention to recyclables for cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS card Helen...LOVE all your little bits and pieces like the calendar and feathers!! Love how you save everything too...now I don't feel so guilty!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a fabulous card Helen. YOur layers and papers are all perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Helen, what a beautiful card! Love the collage of pretty papers! That bird is so pretty! Great take on the MIM challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great combination of papers, Greta! I had a tag I had saved and couldn't find it to make my card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just the sweetest! That bird is everything!!! I love your feather accents--so perfect, right? FAB creation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful selection of papers and colors. And the feathers look amazing on this too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful collage of elements Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fantastic, I love the way you utilised the calendar page x

    ReplyDelete