Tuesday, September 29, 2009

House Mouse Monday Challenge #53




Another House Mouse Challenge I just couldn't resist ~ LOVE these little critters! This week's challenge was to USE BUTTONS. Hey, no problem. I just made this card for a friend who had knee surgery and it has all of the "tools" needed for a Wishing You Mend Quickly card.

Card Stock ~ Aqua card base is from Meadow Fashion Colors, Natural Parchment is matted by the solid brown side of Candy Corn by American Crafts
Stamp ~HM "Sew What"
Ink~ stamped image in Archival Inks' "Coffee"
and brown ink on my computer for "Hey Brandon..."
Colored all of image with Crayola colored pencils
Punches~ corner heart and round corners from EK Success
Embellishments - Brown gross grain with blue stitches ribbon from ACMoore, yellow safety pin and buttons from my sewing room/now crafting stash :o)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Helen, I agree with you post on the 11th. The challenges are addicting. I just became a follower.
    Thank you for the nice comment on my card. How did you find me? I found you from your comment. I love your cards. House Mouse stamps are so cute. I only have one set. I didn't know they have challenges. I teach 1st grad and right now I am working 10 to 12 hour days. September is always hard. Saturday is my day to make cards. My husband is having shoulder surgery Friday so I might not get to make cards this weekend. I sure do love the challenges. Great Job on this card. I love the one with the tea cup also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful - a perfect image for a 'Mend Quickly' card. Wonderful colours and details.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at HM&F.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, Many thanks for your kind comments on my Mousie card. Your image is so fitting to the theme and the little safety pin just finishes it off!
    I have a little grandson called Brandon. He is a bundle of mischief right now!

    ReplyDelete