Saturday, September 5, 2009

Moxie Fab- Fun and Cute


Entry number 3 for Moxie Fab World is a "fun and cute" holiday project. I think this was the easiest for me ~ hey, maybe I've found my 'style'
at last :o)

I have a very dear friend who makes the most amazing, beautiful and yummy Christmas cookies every year ~~ I made this card in anticipation for this year's batch (ohhh, hope she's not thinking of discontinuing the "Tradition") It takes so much work and time to make literally hundreds of cookies with 50+ different varieties that she has to start the baking process in October (freezing the basic cookies). She packages them up on decorative trays, tins, boxes and cello wraps ~ some get mailed to family and friends out of state even. I used to perform this same "labor of love" when I lived up North many years ago---one year I counted over 1000 cookies made! But now I just have my favorite 4-6 different Italian cookies (and no where near 1000) that I make and give out to family and friends.

Card Supplies ~ The gingerbread cookie stamp is another oldie from Sugarloaf. I inked all four with "Coffee" from Archival Ink, white/red/green frosting colored with Martha Stewart's opaque markers, the bow tie is "Stickles" Candy Cane glitter. "Thank you for the yummy Christmas cookies" printed with Holly Sprigs font on my computer. Polka dot card stock is from my ACMoore stash and the red grossgrain ribbon is from Michael's.

Would love to hear whatchya think ~

1 comment:

  1. What a fun personalized card for your friend! Love those sweet gingerbread men! thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment!

    ReplyDelete