Sunday, September 27, 2009

Moxie Fab- Gradient is Radiant, Card Patterns #34 , Color Throwdown #61

Hey Blogger Friends, back from another "Space-A-Adventure-Trip". We tried to get to New England but the planes were either going somewhere else, no seats available, or canceled ~ so we stayed in beautiful Norfolk/Virginia Beach areas for the week just touring around and visiting some sights we had not seen before. The weather was gorgeous - coming from hazy, hot and humid Florida--Virginia's 70 and 80 degrees truly felt like paradise to us.

Anywho, this Get Well card for my sister-in-law is including three challenges: Moxie Fab World has another fun challenge this week. You have to create a project with a color gradient. I thought I would give it a go with a technique called "crayon resist" which is new to me but probably not to you all. I first saw the very pretty effect of this on Gina K's Stamp TV and thought it would fit this challenge perfectly. As I was poking around for a "sketch challenge, I came across Card Patterns #34, so that is my card layout. Then I found some great colors to add from Can you Handle This - Color Throwdown #61 I do believe I have all five of these colors on my card~ Olive is in the ribbon and the stickles is sorta olive green; Rose Red is my deepest shade on the dasies, Mustard is deffinitely the color of my butterfly brad, Regal Rose is pretty much the color in the print papers and Chocolate is the brown color ink I used :O)

Card details: Papers - base card stock is Pink Parchment, flower and stripe prints are Creative Imaginations and glossy white under image is from Michaels.
Stamps - the single daisy randomly stamped is from Inkadinkado, the get well soon stamp is unknown.
Embellishments: the centers of the daisy are Lime Green Stickles, the sheer ribbon is from Michaels, the butterfly brad is from Special Moments, and the punch is Fiscar's Rope border punch.
Ink: the pinks under the daisys are (dark to light) Rose Red from SU, Cranberry from Stampabilities and Pink from Stampabilities. The daisy petals were colored with a white crayon from Crayola and inked in Coffee from Archival Ink as was the Get Well Soon stamp. I like the way the patterned paper and the ribbon all have their colors gradiating (is that a word?)
Would love to hear what you think.

9 comments:

  1. Helen, those daisies are gorgeous! Pretty card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I love all the pinks:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you combined all 3 challenges into one card. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely Helen! I love the gradient background you made- it's the perfect backdrop for those sweet flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Helen! This is REALLY lovely! YOU have rocked all of these challenges, NO DOUBT! And, as someone who feels that I've "seen it all" stamping wise.... (doh!) HAD NOT heard of CRAYON resist with card making, but it makes sense, when you think of dying EASTER eggs! Tee Hee I love that you added picts. of your stamps! I always think of stuff like that, after my stamp has just tumbled, wrong side into my ink pad! YOURS still look model perfect, as does your pretty card! You are WONDERFUL! Great work, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Helen! Thanks for entering the Moxie Fab World challenge! :)

    ~Cath

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color and daisies! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great combination of all those challenges! Love your pretty card!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. The daisies are super pretty. great colors too :)

    ReplyDelete