Thursday, September 3, 2009

Moxie Fab- Shabby Chic or Vintage


Okay, here's my second card for Moxie Fab World's Christmas card challenges last week. This one is to create a shabby chic or vintage holiday card, gift wrap, ornament, home decor item, or paper crafted gift. While I'm not sure what the heck my "Style" is, I don't think I'm "shabby, chic or vintage" ~ but I always love the femininity of the cards everyone creates with this style. I like the distressing, buttons, lace, fabric, antique patterned papers, ribbons and 'picture post card' look. Not quite certain I captured all or any of that with my entry, but here it is.

My card ~ Stamp is CTMH clear stamp from the set "Ticket For All Seasons" which I inked with Whispers 'Black' and outlined with a gold glitter gel pen then added Stickles 'Crystal' for some sparkle. The gingham ribbon is from Michael's and the antique frame is from 'Miss Elisabeth' Scrapbook Embellishments. I have a collection of buttons from years ago when I sewed all my own clothes, this antiquey looking one has a rose painted on it, it's 'pinned' to the bow with green tipped straight pins from my sewing basket. The corners are rounded with my Marvy punch and the sentiment is printed in "English" font.

Would love to hear what you think :o)

5 comments:

  1. CUTE!!! Love your shabby chic card, it's perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I always have trouble with shabby chic! love your ribbon , the framing and pretty pin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. Love that fun embellishment frame and the yummy ribbon

    ReplyDelete