Tuesday, July 31, 2012

MIM #76-Double Time Bleach Stamping

Nicole Heady is revisiting an old technique with a bit of a fresh twist as shown in her video HERE  
She takes this technique  a step further and stamps over the bleached areas with color. 
I have never tried stamping with bleach, but it looked interesting, so I thought I would give it a try. I'm kinda liking this method and you may see me again ;o)


My Card ~ click on the photo for a more detailed look


Cardstock:  Base card is Kraft, Melon panel is Wausau; stripe is from g.c.d. studios Loverly collection pack
Stamps:  PTI's Fancy Flourishes in bleach; Martha Stewart Carmelia flowers  in bleach first then inked with Terra Cotta from Ranger
Tools & Embellishments:  Corner Rounder from EK Success; bling from Crystal Stickers at Michaels

15 comments:

  1. Love the way you added flourishes to the flower. Your card turned out so pretty! Wish I used a brighter color like you did. great job Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful, Helen! I love that you did the swirls with the bleach and then stamped the flower. . .so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good to share the link, Helen. This card is so fresh and fun - great swirls! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Love seeing how you used this technique, Helen! Now you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Helen, love the paper you used as the card base, this card came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Helen! You did a great job with this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love flourishes on anything! This looks great Helen!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way to apply the technique! Beautiful card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous stamping and I love how that panel pops off the striped background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your bleach flourishes, Helen! Great color choices as well! Wasn't this a fun technique? Did you get any bleach spots on your clothes? ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great! I love it when I can tick a new technique off my check list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW - Helen - this is sooo beautiful! Wonderful design and choice of colors - LOVE it! Have to give that technique a try soon!

    Have a great day! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your bleached flourishes Helen! What a fab addition to your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the flourishes with the flowers! Great idea! And another great "bleach" technique card! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete