Wednesday, July 25, 2012

PTI - JULY BLOG HOP

PTI has supplied this gorgeous inspiration photo for the  July Blog Hop.  

 
The challenge is all about pairing up these beautiful citrusy, summer colors with some pretty floral images to create the perfect project that embodies everything summer.  

My Card - click on the photo for more details

PTI products used:   
White Stamper's Select cardstock and Banner Borders dies

I stamped my daisy image (Inkadinkado) in embossing ink then heated with white powder onto colored cardstock.  Then I fussy cut each flower. The leaves are felt (from Martha Stewart) and maybe a bit too dark green for all these pastely colors (?)  The Banner Border die is cut from a glittery card stock pack from DCWV.  The satin ribbon is from Michael's.


Didn't add a sentiment, cause I am not sure who/what this one is destined for yet.  I really like how the pastel colors look together and luckily stamped/embossed a couple of the flowers to make another similar card for another time *     ;o) 

* those of you who know me, realize I never do this...have to re-invent the wheel with each and every card I make ~ sooooo annoying am I.

I'm off to check out all of the "real talent" now ...



21 comments:

  1. Beautiful bow and flowers Helen! Clean and crisp~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those flowers are beautiful! I love how you stamped them in white on the cardstock backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card!! I absolutely love the flowers and the bow is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I like the white embossing on the colored paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen what a beautiful card, I love how you used the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beauty!!
    Love the embossing...
    makes the blooms just pop off the page!
    And that fabby banner die and gorgeous bow...
    beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the felt leaves and beautiful flowers! So pretty, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the soft colors & really love the way you used the banner border - I will definitely be borrowing that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. Very feminine. You did a great job fussy cutting those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Love those felt leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful! Those flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very soft and very pretty with that layout.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is soooo pretty! LoVe how you have used these gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your flowers are just beautiful ~ great take on the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card. The embossed flowers make it pop in an understated way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a garden wedding in a card - so soft and romantic. Love that little peek of the border....adds great interest. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the banner border die at the bottom - it's such a fabulous touch that pulls everything together!

    ReplyDelete