Saturday, October 23, 2010

Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger-Momento Mori


Well here it is almost the deadline date for Moxie Fab's Tuesday Trigger. You still have time to add your entry here http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2010/10/tuesday-trigger-momento-mori.html
For some reason ~ I am NOT a Halloween card maker/costume wearing/party going kinda gal. I am sure there must must some dark rooted reason, but darned if I know what the heck it is...just not crazy about this holiday!

Anywho, I was thinking this photo was calling to my "Dark Side" and found myself compelled to make a card for the challenge.
For all of the above mentioned reasons, I do not have any Halloween stamps in my stash, so I had to improvise here. Purchased this beautiful black glitter paper several months ago (no idea why?) and I had this cloudy vellum paper from a 'past-life' office job
and was told by my boss to throw it away when we were through with a few of the sheets~~weeellll, THAT was never gonna happen! Actually, I think this is only the second time I have used it on a card, but you never know when you will need it, do ya :o? I cut out the tomb stones~one of them has a 'Gothic' looking punch from EKSuccess, two bats and graveyard dirt, glued it on the vellum and cut out a full moon from white card stock with my Fiskars Circle punch, glued that on some pretty orange card stock from DCWV, then wrapped black toulle around it and, wha la, here's my card! You can click on the photo for a clearer view of the glitter paper and grey cloudy vellum paper.

Thanks for dropping by, have a great rest of your weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Helen, I think you nailed this one, your card looks good and scary! I just couldn't get into this trigger. I only like pumpkins and superhero costumes for Halloween. lol Good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your sweet comment on my blog...thought i would come over and check out your little corner.

    love your card, you'd never know you didn't like this holiday cuz your card is FAB!! love the grungy background!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love that netting tie and the glittery effects. Very nice indeed! You did a great job with no stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Helen! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for joining in on all the creepy fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. helen, this turned out pretty spooky! are you sure you don't like halloween:)

    ReplyDelete