Saturday, August 4, 2012

MIM #76 - Bleach Stamping Technique


Well I thought I would make another card for MIM #76 - Double Time Bleach Stamping because, I didn't get enough bleach on me the first time :o).  Actually I wanted to try the 'flicking' of the bleach and as you can see, I overdid it a bit...LOL  
I tried using different colored cardstock for this bleaching technique, but the Melon worked the best so....here it is.





My Card ~ click on the photo for more details...

Cardstock:  card base is Kraft, panels are Melon, Burgundy; the bicycle is stamped on the back of the striped cardstock from g.c.d. studios 'Loverly'  PP collection 
Stamps:  Leaves from Fall Elegance by PTI; sentiment from Unity  'Following my Heart'; old time bicycle from Michaels (not sure of the company name). I stamped it on the card then again on pp, cut it out and popped it off the melon panel with mounting tape  for a little dimension
Inks:  Sepia from  Archival; Burgundy from Studio g; bleach from Clorox 
Embellishments:  bling from my stash

4 comments:

  1. What a great, fun card Helen! Sorry to hear about your 'wardrobe malfunction ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so pretty-not too much "flicking" for me! I really like the bicycle cut out, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this bleached effect and the colours you chose are perfect! This is definitely on my 'to do' list. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I forgot to try the flicking technique when I made mine - darn it! Maybe next time! :)

    ReplyDelete