Sunday, July 7, 2013

MIM #123

Made another card for Make It Monday ~ Make Your Own Paint.  Ashley used Gesso, added re-inkers in different colors and painted onto canvas gift bags, which came out so adorable!   I didn't have any Gesso, in fact, I've never heard of it before, BUT, I certainly couldn't let a MIM Challenge go by without trying, right?  I saw that someone used Acrylic Paint and re-inkers, so I thought I would follow along that route  :)  I like the clumpy texture it created.

I die cut a Butterfly and used a brass stencil (used to emboss with a light box~~remember those?).  After mixing glimmery blue ink with white acrylic paint, I then brushed it onto sections of the butterfly. The purple is water color paint.  I used double sided tape and popped the butterfly onto the tilted  violet wood grain embossed panel and glued that onto the green (paint chip from Lowe's) panel.

PTI products used ~
Cardstock:  Stamper's Select White
Die: Cut  Beautiful Butterflies. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my...now you are mixing up paint! Gotta love you for jumping in with both feet, Helen! Love this result. Great texture and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this, Helen. ;-) Very clever way to make your own paint, and I think the butterfly turned out very nicely. I love the colors! Great work. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally need to try this! Beautifully done my dear!!! :)

    ReplyDelete