Friday, July 18, 2014

Virginia's View #5

VIRGINIA'S VIEW ~ CHALLENGE #5
DIE CUTS

If you haven't been to visit Virginia's View Challenges yet, you are probably the last living blogger who has not ;-) Go, check it out now!
I have already entered a couple of cards because I am crazy about everything die cut ~ so much easier than fussy cutting images, no? 
Anywho, I made a thank you card for a dear friend for a birthday gift she gave me last week and just had to share.  The gift bag full of crafty goodness included this oh-too-darn-cute "Spring Tree Frame" die from Cottage Cutz..

Click on photo for more details


The owl is a sticker (a page of 'em in the gift bag) which is embellished with googlie eyes and sitting on a swing I made with a cork seat attached to the tree limb with embroidery floss.  
The note tacked to the tree trunk with a tiny brad is the smallest "Scalloped Square" from Spellbinders Nestabilities (yep, in the gift bag).  Thanks for peeking in on my blog...
And a huge thanks to Virginia for hosting these FABULOUS challenges :-)

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Happy Birthday Helen!! : ) I hope it was the best ever.

    Sweet card your friend is going to want to send YOU a thank yu card for your thank you card LOL

    I wanted to take an extra minute to thank you for all the wonderful encouraging comments you left on my blog during my 100 cards in 100 days challenge! I wish I could have given everyone a prize! : )

    (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so sweet! The details are amazing, Helen! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge! I love the background that you had incorporated into this design! Hope you are enjoying summer! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is sweet Helen! Love that delicate spring tree frame...and of course the owl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute! Love that neat tree die!

    ReplyDelete