Sunday, January 3, 2016

MIM 235

MAKE IT MONDAY

 Adding Color to Stamped Images

Laurie  is up on MIM this week and she shares her tips for adding additional color to stamped images with colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits (also known as Gamsol).   We can use the color medium of our choice (i.e. colored pencils, markers, crayons, watercolor, etc.)

Click on photo for more details

 I colored one sprig of Bird Song leaves with a colored pencil, then washed over it with with a watercolor brush.  Did the same with the top layer Beautiful Butterfly.  I used white embossing powder to the Butterfly Layer on the body and the antennae is black felt.  The Swoosh 'thanks' is True Black cardstock.

There is a silver foil Butterfly under the white colored one.  The turquoise leaves under my pencil colored ones were cut from solid DP. The Sizzix EF is called Daisy Blast, which kinda reminds me of fireworks for my January Thank You card ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Helen...I love your color choices! It's so nice to see something other than Christmas again (even though I really do love Christmas cards!), and happy also to see that you used something from the Songbirds set!! :0)

    ReplyDelete