Saturday, August 26, 2017

Stamp-A-Faire 2017-1st Anniversaery Paper

SAF 2017: 1st Anniversary Tradition-Paper 
by Laura Bassen

The traditional First Anniversary gift is paper.  Laura shows us how to  Create a project featuring paper scraps and vellum overlays.  You can choose to re-create the exact project from Laura or design your own using the same concepts.   See her beautiful card and video HERE
 

Click on photo for more details


I  tried to duplicate this technique with my Butterfly Cover Plate.  It took hours to pick out those teeny tiny pieces of the largest butterfly and glue them back into the shape on a card panel.  I thought if I tried to pull up the butterfly and just leave the little pieces, it wouldn't really look too good so I cut a 4th cover plate out of vellum and stitched it on top. 

5 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! I can just imagine how long it took you to do all that paper piecing but it was all well worth it. our card and the colors are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I bet that took a bit of time, but it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Helen, this is gorgeous, what a great looking butterfly! I thought mine was labor intensive, ha ha...not like yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, love the dimension on this card and that beautiful multicoloured ribbon x

    ReplyDelete