Saturday, March 12, 2011

Happily Ever Challenged #15










Ted, from "Happily Ever Crafter" has a new challenge ~ check it out here:

http://www.happilyevercrafter.com/2011/02/happily-ever-challenged-15-tribute-to.html

It is a Tribute to St. Patrick's Day with the Irish flag colors of Green White and Orange. Oh, and it has to have a Shamrock on it too!

As if the colors alone weren't terrifying enough, I, of course, don't have anything Irish or Shamrocky in my vast stamp collection~~but, I do have Heart shaped punches and made my own shamrocks, thanks Ted ;o)

My card (click on the image to see more details)

Cardstock: Base card White is PTI; Green is from DCWV; and Orange polka dot is from Target
Tools: Corner rounder is from EKSuccess and Rope Border is from Fiscars
Embellishments: Hemp Cord is from Tuesday Morning's craft dept; button from a Making Memories pack; sentiment typed on my computer

I made this card as a thank you (hand written note inside on the matching orange paper) to friends who have been so sweet and thoughtful to us while my husband is going though some tough medical procedures (Chemo). I have so many more thank you notes to make and find these challenges give me the little kick-start that I need lately, so thanks again Ted!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend, thanks for stopping by ~~ as always, I appreciate your comments! {{{HUGS}}}

4 comments:

  1. Helen, this is wonderful! I love how that large shamrock takes center stage and the patterned paper is great. Thanks for playing with me this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen, What a lovely way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day! What a clever use of your punches! I didn't realize it until I read your post! : )
    So sorry again to hear what your hubby (and you) are going through at this time. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen, I haven't done much with clovers as of yet...I think I've done 1 or 2! This is very cute though! Always looking forward to what's next. Thanks for sharing,
    Bethann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, the colors are/were terrifying, but your card is gorgeous! A wonderful card indeed.

    ReplyDelete