Monday, March 28, 2011

Moxie Fab World-Cityscapes Are on the Rise Challenge


Well, I have said this before, but....
Love the challenges over at Moxie Fab World and I think this one is really a cool one. Here's the site to check out the fun cards posted:
http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2011/03/cityscapes-are-on-rise-challenge.html
However, I don't have any of those wonderful "Cityscape" stamps that everyone else seems to have :o(

I did find this insert "city scene" paper in with my pile of "savable junk mail, boxes toys come in, sticker book pages, calendars, magazine pages, etc"....the list is very long!

Anywho, here's the card I came up with. Makes me think of the Lovin Spoonful's record "Hot town, Summer in the city..." Must be those bright, warm colors :o) There seems to be some glue on the cars, must be where the toys were stuck onto this insert...we'll just call it 'road dirt' :o)

My card - click on the image for more details
Cardstock: Kraft base card from my local craft store; Orange polka dot from AC Moore; car and cityscape is an insert from a toy car
Stamps: none
Ink: just from my computer to write the sentiment
Embellishments: Bird sticker from a Dollar Store pack; Red and Purple buttons from Michael's; the brown twine is from a Goodwill find (thank you, Carole)

Thank you for dropping tonight!

8 comments:

  1. Such a fun take on the MFW challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Helen! Thanks for entering the Cityscapes Are on the Rise challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bright and fun card. I didn't stamp either, just lots of fussy cutting on my Moxie Fab entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your creative way to achieve your end result and that is what card making is all about.....creativity. You always have lots of it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen, This is a cute card. It makes me want to get out and take a drive through the big city. : )
    I sent you an email, I hope you got it...and I have something for you on my blog when you get a chance to get over there.
    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you sooooooooooo much for leaving me a comment over at the Moxie Fabber of the Week! You are so nice for taking the time to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a creative take on moxies challenge! love what you've done here, helen:) "road dirt"--too cute!

    ReplyDelete