Saturday, February 11, 2012

Papertrey Ink - Day #7 (card #2)


This is the second card created which incorporates hearts into the design.
Go check the awesome new products being introduced this month:

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/

(sorry, I don't know how to "link" sites yet!)


This card is for my sweet friend, who is always 'there' for me!

Card details~ no stamps used here
Cardstock: the base card is heavy weight PTI; patterned paper is from K*1 Memories that I found at Tuesday Morning
Tools & Embellishments: small corner rounder by EKSucess; 'Branches w/Leaves' is from Sissix ; Best Friends is a sticker from Marcella By K; the glittery, heart is from the Dollar Store

BTW, those of you who know me, know that I do not read instructions, I am a 'try it first, then read' kinda gal!
I bought a couple of these Sissix A6 embossing folders and just
assumed, I could use them in the Cuttlebug cause that's all I own. Well, I found these folders to be much thicker, therefore more difficult to run through the machine, but I really liked the deep embossing effect (if I use good quality heavy weight cardstock like PTI's). OK, so as I am reading the back for the first time to see the name of this folder to add to my post here and it says "compatible with..." and lists several machines, however, Cuttlebug is not among them. Oh brother!
Anyone out there know if I am going to break my CB by continuing to use these folders???

2 comments:

  1. I hop they don't break your Cutlebug because they make fantastic impressions! Love this sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty colors and papers, Helen....love trhe texture you added, too!!!

    ReplyDelete