Sunday, September 9, 2012

MIM #81- Clay Embellishments

Make It Monday was certainly challenging  :^) this week.  
Take a look at Betsy Veldman's video HERE.
Of course, Betsy can make anything look easy with her creative talent...me, not so much.  I wanted to give this a try and  will be adding the details later.  This is my first card:


First of all, I don't have any clay and was wondering how play dough would work? Seems you can roll it out (I used a round BIC pen), bake it to dry it out and stamp on it with StazOn Black ink.  
My Second dilemma, was no cute little usable Dies. So, I used a scallop edged cookie cutter ~ hey, a girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do, right?

My Card ~

Cardstock:  Off white base card is from Hero Arts ~ which I picked up at the Goodwill Store for $.59 (a package of 8 cards and envies in 4 diff colors); the 'tag' is homemade out of a BEHR paint chip in 'Gentle Sky' blue from Home Depot's paint dept

Stamps:  Fancy Flourishes from PTI; Camellia flower from Martha Stewart

Tools & Embellishments:  Leaf Impression plate from Sissix;  yellow play dough from The Dollar Tree: pearls in the center of the flower from Crystal Stickers at Michaels; the leaves are from wedding favors at Hobby Lobby; sheer ribbon is from The Dollar Tree

Thanks for stopping by tonight!


2 comments:

  1. Genius! Love how you rocked this even without clay or dies! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embossing on the background and how sweet your flower turned out. I haven't tried this yet but maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete