Wednesday, May 21, 2014

MIM #165

Make It Monday Challenge
Watercolor Artsy Background

 Betsy has a video this week showing us the beautiful technique of an artsy background HERE 

I really love the look of watercolor on my cards ~ it is the softest effect...note to self:  do this more often!

This is another card going up North to my friend, Betty.  She just finished another round of chemo (she has to stay in the hospital for 5 days during these sessions). Betty loves her garden with Spring and Summer's beautiful flowers in bloom, so I thought this would be a fitting "thinking of you" card for her this week.
Click on photo for more details

11 comments:

  1. A lovely thoughtful gesture for your friend, Helen. She will love this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! You used one of my favorite PTI flowers! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely and so incredibly thoughtful of you! I'm sure it will bring a smile to her face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Great choice of stamps to use for this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful flowers- I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty!! I love this set and it was perfect for this technique. Such a lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The watercolor has a lovely, softening effect on this card - perfect execution of the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty Helen! the stamp set you used is A+++++ for this technique!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. pretty card- best wishes for your friend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I agree with you about how much fun watercoloing is and the lovely soft effect it creates.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous. You are so thoughtful to send such a beautiful card to your friend. I wish her the best of luck with her treatment.

    ReplyDelete