Sunday, November 25, 2018

MIM #343

 

MAKE IT MONDAY

Masking and Ink Sponging 

 

Oh my, Betsy Veldman is up on MIM this week and she is demonstrating a technique she has used on a few cards recently that combines masking and ink sponging to create gorgeous layered backgrounds!  Check out her video and amazing card HERE.

 

Click on photo for more details

I really like this new-to-me technique and will definitely try it again cause I am not so sure I did it right this first time😃.  

I cut several Beautiful Butterflies out of Post It note paper that is all sticky on the back in different colors and used pale pink, pearlescent orange and hot pink inks to sponge over my masked butterflies.  Say It Simply: Lovely Birthday was die cut out of Cranberry card-stock and adhered to the card.  Those heart shaped bling are from The Dollar Tree. 💓

 

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea to use butterflies Helen...your card turned out beautiful!! I was so busy last week with the holiday and a family Christmas yesterday that I just didn't get around to this challenge and I also couldn't think of anything to use other than snowflakes and didn't want to copy Betsy! The butterflies look great though and I will definitely have to give this technique a try when I get some extra time! :0)

    ReplyDelete