Saturday, March 21, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #1 & Caardvarks Challenge sketch



[HeroArtsChallengeSketch.jpg]

Happy Monday, Everyone! Hope you had a wonderful weekend.
Well, I made a card for two challenges this week (WOW, an efficient first for me :) I am usually scrambling at the last minute to get cards posted. An added plus is I actually needed this card to be in the mail today!
You should scoot over to see Dawn McVey's Blog she has posted her first color challenge ~ Whoo Hoo! I love her bright and cheery color combos and this one is yet another beautiful inspiration piece, from a Pottery Barn Teen catalog.

Caardvarks has a really great sketch this week too...I am sure I will use it again and again.

My Card: Butterfly (from Parked on Rubber) was stamped on vellum and embossed with 'Sparkle' embossing powder (PSX), then I applied Stickles 'Copper' glitter and pearls on the body. If you click on the pic, you can see the stamp image and sparkly power a little better. I cut out the butterfly, folded up one wing before gluing it on brown note paper, which has brown and raspberry flowers stamped on it. The printed paper 'mat' is all glittery--which you probably can't see well in my photo either, it's from 'Citrus Stack' which I picked up at Joann's last week. The raspberry sheer ribbon and silk flower are from Joann's also.

6 comments:

  1. Super fun dsp choice. Great job with the color challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh i just LOVE this color combo--what a gorgeous, bright, fun, fabulous take on heidi's sketch, also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How perfect is that paper for the color challenge ... and what a fun sparkly butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun way to play in a challenge...you did a great job with both! Love the color combos! Beautiful job! p.s. gonna head on over...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, gorgeous card! Great job combining the challenges!

    ReplyDelete