Sunday, January 8, 2012

Make it Monday #47- 2011 A la Carte



This is another card for the "A la Carte" version of MIM this week. I was hoping to get a few more of the techniques down onto cards this week, but seemed to have run out of time. Anyone know where the heck it goes? I decided to go with the Reverse Applique from MIM #40. I included a photo to show the scraps of PP that show through the butterflies before I added the sheet of paper with my Get Well message to the inside of the card which covers up the messy part.

My Card~
Cardstock: Orchid base card is from Recollections; inserts are scraps of Pacific Vineyard by PTI
Tools: Butterfly punch from Martha Stewart; large corner rounder from EKSuccess; White opaque marker (making my "stitched" butterfly trails) is from Martha Stewart also
Embellishments: Glittery Ribbon is from Michael's; silk flower from my stash and brad from Spare-Parts by the Paper Studio

8 comments:

  1. Hi Helen! What a cool technique, and I like the results! Those butterflies turned out great! There are so many new and old techniques that I want to use, but I find myself needing quick cards and doing the same thing over and over again. So I know exactly what you mean when you ask where the heck time goes...see you again soon!
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to try this technique:) beautiful card, helen--makes me think of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card! Love the butterfly trails! ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Helen! Love your butterflies!
    Also wanted to say; Thanks so much for your support yesterday - your kind words about me joining the Lily Pad cards team really made my day. THANKS!
    Have a wonderful week-end, big hugs Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely, Helen. I love the stitching and composition on your card!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen,
    I am surprised you have no new entries and I simply popped over to tell you I wish you could come to my SU party, too! It's Sale-abration this month! LOL
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend....XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! The patterns you chose are perfect together, and what a neat technique :)

    ReplyDelete