Monday, January 23, 2012

MFW - Tuesday Trigger - Winter Blossoms





Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger is a beautiful infusion of soft, muted flowers. I was inspired by the flowers (of course) but also the sweet colors. Unfortunately I needed a Sympathy card and my go-to-flower is this Magnolia. The ink color is dove grey (and the inside sheet has muted grey and pink and off white flowers) which seem to be in the background of the TT.
You have until Thursday the 26th this week to enter here:
http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2012/01/tuesday-trigger-winter-blossoms.html


My Card~
Cardstock: Base card is Pink Parchment by Xerox; White and Antique White by Recollections
Stamp: Magnolia from All Night Media
Tools: Corner Rounder by EK Success: Exacto knife used to cut out the frame from the flower
Ink: Sepia from Archival; Chalks used for coloring the petals and leaves of the Magnolia
Embellishments: Ribbon from Offray: Yellow Stickles; Panel popped up on the base with mounting tape for a bit more dimension

7 comments:

  1. This is a perfect sympathy card, Heoen. So many really nice things going on here. The sentiment is great, the magnolia is beautifully colored and I love how you have treated the ribbon. This will do just the right thing. You are a dear to make this for someone you care about. Very special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous coloring, Helen! I love the touch of Stickles and the way you folded the ribbon at the top too. :). I'm sorry you had to make a sympathy card but I'm it will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Love your sentiment, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very sweet sympathy card, helen:) pretty colors and i love the ribbon treatment:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Helen! Thanks so much for stopping by during the Stamp It! 3 Ways Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Helen! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your take on the trigger, Helen....your card is beautiful!!!! The colors are soooo pretty and I love how you added the ribbon!!!!

    ReplyDelete