Friday, May 3, 2013

MIM #114


Make It Monday #114 - Blown Ink Challenge

I keep trying to get this technique down where it looks like something other than a child's finger painting!  
Don't think I am going to succeed :(  
So I guess, every technique out there in this crafty world of outs is NOT for everybody, eh?

Check out some really good cards posted HERE

 
Edited to add re-done card


PTI Products:
Stamp and Die:  Beautiful Butterflies


Edited to add altered card.
I changed my card up a bit, by adding another flower to the lower right corner and moved the butterfly dies up to the first flower (covering more of the child's finger painting :)

I die cut tree butterflies, gluing down only one side, leaving the other side kind of  'fluttering' 

Cardstock:  Yellow and Teal are from Colorbok, the stamped/inked on panel is a paint chip from Martha Stewart
Inks: Glimmer Mists from Tattered Angels and ditto
Tools & Embellishments:   Scallop border punch and pearls from Martha Stewart; Silk flowers from my stash

 

3 comments:

  1. Your card looks good, Helen! I have to confess that I decided not to try this technique because it just really doesn't appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you've tried this technique and I think succeeded,(I haven't even ventured there lol) it's the glittery butterfly that I can't keep my eyes off.

    ReplyDelete