Thursday, May 30, 2013

MIM - 118

Make It Monday - Photo Postcards Challenge is so perfect for all the photos I took of my garden flowers a couple of years ago.  I photographed them all thinking they would be pretty additions to my cards one day...well, needless to say, they have been in my craft room collecting dust until Ashley demonstrated how to convert your pics into these wonderful postcards.  See her video HERE

Click on the photo, for more details
This is a Butterfly Bush which has the most beautiful two tone purple flowers that actually look like a butterfly! Can you see it?  The foliage is such a dark green, that I couldn't stamp my sentiment directly on the photo, so I had to die cut a Nestabilities Label to stamp onto and glued it on a corner.

PTI products used~
Cardstock glued to the back of photo:  Stamper's Select White
Stamps:  Beautiful Butterflies

14 comments:

  1. Those flowers do look like a butterfly... I need those in my garden now! =)

    I like how you used a frame on your postcard and the butterflies on the back are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SHOULD have added, THANKS FOR COMING OVER TO VISIT!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is your niche and specialty, I believe. Extraordinary work Helen~it's wonderful that these photos can be shared with the recipient and all of us~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunning photo perfect for this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photo and love the stamped butterflies on the back to match.

    ReplyDelete
  6. charming pic--love this, helen! happy weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card as well as your plant! What an awesome flower! The butterflies on the back and in the corner of the label are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely photo. The postcard looks amazing at the back too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful photo. I love the label die sentiment with the butterfly stamp tying everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea to add the label die. I found very few of my photos had much white space to place a sentiment so between that and coordinating the subject with an appropriate sentiment were more challenging than anticipated. Great work, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute combo of photo and stamping. Love how you carried the design to the back. This is high-quality design and production, Helen.

    ReplyDelete