Wednesday, March 2, 2016

NBUS - MIM #241

It's time for the 6th NBUS Challenge over at Darnell's Blog-YAY!  
Just in case you have never (gasp!) been over to the Playhouse for a visit, you need to to start a regular routine of stopping by.  
Darnell's cards are always so inspiring, her posts are really fun to read and she happens to be one of the most creative and talented people in BlogLand.  Each one of these challenges brings out hundreds of fabulous cards ~ so go check em out!

Here is my card~
 
Click on photo for more details
NBUS:

Butterfly Cover Plate from PTI
Stencil  from Prima (used over my Ombre watercolored background)
White CraftSmart Paint Pen (used on the stenciling)
Glittery Die-Cut flower from K&Company 
Pearl Sticker from Michael's $1.50 spot

Also entering this card in:
MAKE IT MONDAY
Ombre Stenciled Background
You can watch Betsy Veldman's awesome video HERE to see her gorgeous card using this technique.

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful Helen! Your ombre background is just lovely!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW a watercolor background...outstanding!! those butterflies are so big and awesome! Great card, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, Helen! I really think I need this Butterfly Cover plate...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen your ombré stencilling turned out fantastic. Love the purple and so nice that you dropped by yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! Great job with the technique...
    And thank you for the lovely comments on my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so sweet and delicate, love it!! Stunning background, love the colours blending and the butterflies!
    Thanks for yourlovely comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Helen,

    Beautiful card!! those butterflies are remarkable!! I love the colors you used : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, this is a gorgeous, gorgeous card Helen! your blended and stenciled background is fabulous and what a great way to use the butterfly cover plate. I confess that I have yet to use mine. Darnell's challenge is the perfect opportunity too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice choice of colors for your blended background. I think I need to get that Butterfly CP too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the purple! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card with a stunning background Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Helen. Great idea to use those butterflies with this week`s technique! Cool that you used some purples, really makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Helen, I'm so glad I enlarged your photo to see the full beauty of this birthday card. Your ombré background looks fabulous under the Butterfly Cover Plate. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Helen I love that bold purple flower and the butterfly behind is adorable
    I am not reading your post but love your card
    it is 00:28 and I will go sleep soo late hehe
    see you soon on my Blog Helen
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goodness, I'm blushing here, Helen! Thank you so much for your kind words! Your encouragement and friendship mean the world to me! And I think you are a mighty fine card artist, too! This beauty is to die for! You rocked watercoloring that ombre background stenciling and the colors are fabulous!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete