Friday, January 18, 2013

MIM #100 ~ card 2

This is another card I made for Make It Monday #100.
I like to stamp my envelopes with something of a hint of what's inside for the recipient ~ a 'sneak peek' if you will :o)

On this one I used a mason jar on vellum as well as stamping it on the card stock - makes it easier to stamp inside the jar directly onto the cardstock image.  I used the flowers and stems from Spiral Bouquet by PTI (which is also my envelope design).  Fussy cutting these blooms was NOT my brightest idea, but thankfully there were only a few flowers and I wanted them to be placed off the A2 size card.





Unfortunately it just started raining out, so this is an inside photo. Will try to get a better shot tomorrow.


My card ~
Cardstock:  base card is DCWV double sided paper; Vellum is from Paperbilities ...can you see the tiny flowers? Thought they looked like my jar was etched glass  ;)
Stamps: Spiral Bouquet from PTI; mason jar from Inkadinkadoo
Inks:  Stampin' Up; Archival Brilliance
Tools & Embellishments: Border punch  and Pearls from Martha Stewart; Bakers Twine from Darice

Thank you for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. The flowers look great over the edge and envelope looks pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bouquet, and all that fussy cutting was totally worth it, because they look wonderful hanging off the edges like that. Great idea to give a sneak peek on your envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the fussy cutting was definitely worth it, love the vellum mason jar, such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen! Love your beautiful card! Wonderful matching envelope too!

    I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog during the Hero Arts Hostess Blog Hop and also tell you that you were the random winner of my giveaway!! Please send me an email at bdenger4@juno.com with your address, so I can get your goodies in the mail. Congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much life and movement in this dear card, Helen! Love it and the matching envie! Congrats on you win from Barb, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so sweet! Love those bright flowers, well worth the fussy cutting lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful! Love the flowers! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete