Friday, January 25, 2013

PTI - Jan 2013

I love the chaulkboard technique from a couple of Make It Monday Challenges back, so decided to use it  paired with this month's "Black Backgrounds"  card challenge for this month's 


I used Neon Blue embossing power by Zing  on my flower image, but it didn't adhere as well as I thought it would   :(   The White embossing powder really shows up pretty well.

Cardstock:  Base card is light grey by DCWV; True Black by PTI
Stamps:  Spiral Bouquet by PTI sentiment by Inique Boutique
Tools:  Swiss Dot embossing folder by Cuttlebug; Corner Rounder by EKSuccess

14 comments:

  1. This looks great! Love the way the blue pops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so pretty! I love how you embossed with different colours and the chalkboard effect you added!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, this is STRIKING! Lovely work~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great with the dotty background. Your 'neon' really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! The blue neon really stands out. Very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this blue Helen! Very pretty card and sweet sheer bow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helen - Another lovely card my dear. That blue is so striking against the black! Love it! I sure have struggled with embossing on black today though! Not my favorite technique! LOL!!!
    :) Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love that pop of blue...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That blue just pops right off the page and looks beautiful against the black!
    Wonderful card for the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a bold card. Great job on the PTI blog hop challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Helen - this is beautiful - the blus is so striking & I love the soft ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous! You chalkboard effect is awesome with this flower image!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have also had problems with Zing, but many love it. It looks great here, with this technique. Great contrast and a fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two for two. ;-) I love your chalkboard technique here in these perfect colors. So sweet with the polka dots in the background, too.

    ReplyDelete