Tuesday, January 1, 2013

MIM #98--Chalkboard Technique

Happy New Year!

Wow, can you believe another year has gone by?  It seems like just yesterday when we (well, some of us :) were celebrating the Millennium Year 2000.

I want to wish everyone a happy, healthy and  prosperous 2013 ~ may you be surrounded by many Blessings, much love, close family and good friends!

 Wanted to share a card I made for the Make It Monday #98 Challenge this week.  In the video this week,  Betsy Veldman  shows us a very cool technique creating a chalkboard effect with your ink, stamps and embossing powder. It is easy, unique and "new-to-me" so I had to give it a try...I really like the outcome and will definitely  create more cards.

  My Card:

Cardstock:  Light grey base card and  dark grey panel are from DCWV

Stamps:  Spiral Bouquet from PTI; sentiment from See D's

Tools & Embellishments:    Swiss Dot embossing folder from Cuttlebug; gingham ribbon from my stash 

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment ~ you are so very appreciated :o)

 

8 comments:

  1. You are already rockin' the new year, Helen! Love this card and I can't wait to follow your link on the technique. What a great start to the year with such creativity. Wishing you armloads of great wishes for a happy and healthy year, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely card! It`s simple, yet stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous demostration of this technique Helen! Love all the smudging around the images. It does just seem like yesterday we were waiting to see if the Y2K bug was going to destroy all computer records!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Helen! Love the card:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun creation! Love the pretty details!!!! I can't wait to try this myself too, happy new year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Helen! I haven't taken the plunge to try this yet... you're so brave~ ;)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Love the image you chose for this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got a lot of practice in on this technique! I love this one, too. Spiral Bouquet has been on my wish list for a very long time - you make me want to finally get it! I remember waiting for the year 2000 to arrive. What fun that was, eh?? Happy (Belated) New Year to you. I hope this will be a great year for you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete